The Great North

The Great North
best place in the world

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring is coming



It happens every year, but it still makes me look twice when the leaves come out. I think it is because we go for seven months without leaves we just get used to them not being there. Now that they are out, or at least peaking out of the trees, it makes you stop and appreciate how beautiful leaves really are. It makes an already good view that more amazing.

Last fall was great. the colors were amazing and I got some good hiking in.this picture to the right was taken at a park called Presque Isle. I tend to do a lot of walking around this place, only cause it's very beautiful yet very close to where I live. That's probably the best part of it; literally a five minute drive from were I live. In the foreground you can see Lake Superior. Unfortunately, you can't swim at this park, but the lake makes a great background to a great place to goof around for a couple hours. There is a pretty cool place on the north side of island called Black Rocks. The absolutely best thing about the island. During that two month period where the lake is warm enough to swim, the Black Rocks provide rock jumping to the brave.

I really look forward to this upcoming summer for warm weather and some good beach time.

No comments:

Post a Comment